> I've been doing a lot of trolling though sourceforge and looking at the
> k3b site, cdrdao, I see probs with k3b and mandrake 9.1,
> not seeing probs from suse or redhat users.
> there is a new release of k3b 0.9pre2 and also cdrecord which may do the
> trick.
> I'm trying to compile k3b but hitting problems as other mandrake users.
> Now that prob I've had before with German s/w writers who tend to use
> suse.
> All I can do is to keep hammering away at it. It seems luck of the draw
> with which cdrw is used and which distro.
> But that prog has a real future, its a windows killer :)

So then for you, it may be time to toss K3B the way of the boneyard, and use
X-CD-Roast which seems to have grown since I tried it in the pre K3B days.

I recently found that I could not properly sync my Handspring visor with
KPilot. I gave up and started syncing with JPilot just fine. I just need to
wait for KPilot to grow up some more.

Same deal with K3B.

But K3B seems like bloatware to me, with a CD Ripper and player. IMHO, that
part should be a seperate program.

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.