yup, right you are...

but you can set spamassassin to only reject mail over a
certain threshold, and just
tag the rest as spam..

I have mine setup to quarantine spam with a score over 20..
and it has yet to catch any
non spam. (I have tagging setup to 4.5 or over) I am only
using quarintine at the moment
so I can make sure its all good. and so far, (about 80,000
mails have gone through it)
its all been good.

Since in order to do rejects the proxy has already received
the mail
in order to scan it, its probably possible to have it saved
to a quaranteen dir as well.

That way you could retrieve mail if it was mis assigned.

Obviously you would play with the tag/reject numbers till
you find a good compromise..
and it wouldn't reject all spam.. but it would get the worst
ones..and with bayes, it
will reject any that you "know" are spam.

regards

Franki