On Thursday 31 July 2003 06:08 pm, Rodrigo wrote:
> Hi   all !
> I'm  starting to hate back-up  remote file systems on my local DAT
> machine ..
> Sounds a little bit crazy do the same, but  in one  "big" local
> harddisk,  running a
> process every week-end ?     Any tool recommended here ?
>  (   I have seen some tools like fmirror ...   )

1) You have hijacked a thread.  If you want to change the subject, start a new
thread instead of replying to an existing thread.  It really screws things up
for those of us that use a threaded view of our messages.

2) You have a reply-to set in your mail client, which means that if I hit the
reply button, the reply will go to you instead of the list.  If your reply-to
is the same as your e-mail, there is no reason to have it set anyway.  I
happened to catch it this time, but it sucks when I realize my reply didn't
go to the list, so I have to search for the message in my sent-folder and
then send it again with the proper address.

3) How about this

http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx