On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Felix Miata wrote:

> Greg Meyer wrote:
>
> > urpme mdkkdm
>
> > urpmi kdebase-kdm
>
> Looks like this is my only option. I can't figure out any way to tell
> mdkKDM I want to login as root instead of regular user.

I hate to bring up something that's been rehashed over and over again in
so many forums, but I must ask, why do you feel any need at *all* to log
into a full-blown X session as root? I have /never/ needed to do this (I'm
not saying I've never done it, just that in retrospect I've never *needed*
to, and I haven't done so for a very long time now). Frankly I just don't
understand how this can ever be neccessary, or even all that helpful, to
anyone; the risks, OTOH, are considerable and, to my way of thinking, are
entirely and easily avoidable merely by never doing that.

Enlighten me, would you? :)

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are