On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 05:45:28PM +0000, Dick Gevers wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:01:15 +0800, "Frankie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> about RE: [expert] Worried about resolution requirements for Mandrake:
>
> >Besides, what is the big deal? you can pick up a second hand 15 inch
> >monitor for about 30 dollars AUD..
[...]
> True, but I haven`t got the space to put it anywhere. I am already too close
> to the monitor with just the keyboard between me and the screen. A larger
> one I couldn`t accomodate.
[...]

The size of the monitor does not necessarily have anything to do with
the resolution. My first 14" bought in 1992 went right up to 1024x768
and even now I have a tiny 9" at home which happily does 800x600
(beautiful little monitor). Maybe you can look around for a second
hand one of the right size with a better reolution?

Other than that I do actually agree, that much is over the top at the
moment - for many things, there is no reason to force a high
resolution.

Cheerio,

Thomas