Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:21:58 +0200, "T. Ribbrock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about [expert] Re: Worried about resolution requirements for Mandrake:

>The size of the monitor does not necessarily have anything to do with
>the resolution. My first 14" bought in 1992 went right up to 1024x768
>and even now I have a tiny 9" at home which happily does 800x600
>(beautiful little monitor). Maybe you can look around for a second
>hand one of the right size with a better reolution?

Aha, I wasn`t aware of that. I thought it was all proportional and I can`t
accomodate a larger box between my keyboard and the wall.

>Other than that I do actually agree, that much is over the top at the
>moment - for many things, there is no reason to force a high
>resolution.

Exactly.

Thanks a bunch!

Regards,