On Monday 25 Aug 2003 11:21 am, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>  *** Anne Wilson Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:40:00 +0100 :
> > Well it's a start.  I wish I could say the same for the media
> > here (UK).  All I've heard is 'Internet virus' and 'email virus'
>
> With the infamous 'I LOVE YOU' it was like that in Germany. All
> mass media told Joe User about the 'Internet Worm', never
> mentioning that it only affected certain systems.
>
> It's different now. I watched 2 major news shows which explicitely
> stated that the new attacks only affected Microsoft products. One
> even featured an 'expert' of a well known computer magazine stating
> that users of the (quote) Open Source Operating System Linux
> (unquote) are not affected. He closed his statement "At least a
> minority of computer users may sleep quiet these days. And tomorrow
> ask your boss which system he uses!"

Like it <g>

> This last sentence was my favourite! I wrote a mail to the expert
> and thanked him for this statement.

I'm doing my best.  I found that bbb.co.uk have a bulletin board, so I
started a thread there, being very careful not to sell linux as such,
just pointing out that it is a combination of M$ and user ignorance
that enables the fast spread.  If you have time, feel free to join in
the thread and give me some support.

Anne