Ronald J. Hall wrote:

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 02:22 pm, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

When I initiate a transfer on a Linux (Samba) box to or from another
Linux(Samba) box, or to or from a Windows box, I get 3-4 meg/s
tranfers. This is the one I'm trying to fix.

Yep, that definitely seems slow to me. Isn't there some stuff in the Samba configuration file where you can adjust that?

I'm using the Mandrake Samba configuration. I was under the impression that Mandrake's Samba install is configured with widely known speed enhancing parameters out of the box.

The problem appears to be in the initiation of the transfer; whatever handles that in Mandrake. Windows has no problem with talking to Samba. Why does Linux?

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
16:30:00 up 4 days, 21:31,  1 user,  load average: 0.09, 0.06, 0.10

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)