Seems like this is related to the stuff discussed in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321169 and possibly
in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321098 .

You may also want to try running regedit to do the following:

go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current
Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace" in the registry

remove {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} .

The above key instructs windows to look for scheduled tasks on the pc in
question (which may slow done browsing by at least 30s).

Also take a look at
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Windows
/Windows_XP/?tc=1 , which includes about a hundred windows xp related sites
of tips / tweaks / guides and howtos.

Just some thoughts,

Michael

--