On Thursday 18 Sep 2003 12:14 am, Vincent Danen wrote:
> > >With all that in mind, I think this one-man operation is pretty
> > > damn speedy.
> >
> > absolutely, but... let's step into the managerial mind for a
> > little while:
>

> Well, let's put this properly.  Vincent doesn't *need* help.
> Vincent would like help.  Vincent's wife would like help.  But
> Vincent is a trooper and can do the job he is paid to do, no
> question.

But if Vincent doesn't 'get a life' he will burn out.

> > User complaints help steer things to path 2.
>
> Let's try path #3.  Get someone competent so Vincent doesn't have
> to re-train multiple people (thus wasting enormous amounts of
> time).

Absolutely the preferred option.  But would customer complaints help
here?  Having been a manager short of cash, I think they would only
annoy.  Now when things start to look better, that might be the time
to signal our preferences.

Meanwhile, Vincent, you do a great job

Anne
--