James Sparenberg said:
> You need to see this cartoon then.
> http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/index.html

Hehe, that's was great :)

> My understanding is that the problem is ntfs support in the linux
> kernel
> as they use this to access rather than a translation layer.  I've
> been
> using Win4Lin since pre 1.0 days and love it.  I do agree for the
> need
> to get beyond ME though.  However the most advanced windows I own
> is 98
> *grin*.

Oh, I understand.  I still recommend 98 for home use and 2k for
anything else - if you're going to go mickeysoft.  The irritating
things that I have found are that I have bought hardware (as Anne
mentioned) and moved to 2k and found that the hardware was NOT
going to supported for anything other than 98!  Same thing with
software.

> As for VMWare.   They picked me off when I had a download
> version (with a real serial number bought and paid for) and then
> when I
> tried to get a copy of my serial through them (lost during a HDD
> crash )
> they just told me "tough luck buy a new copy) the Win4Lin people
> on the
> other hand gave me my number.

I understand this too.  Did you register your product with them?
That's especially bad if they don't help you out after that.  I
know that most large companies are going to be this way, so I try
to prepare in advance for possibility.  I burn extra copies of the
software and copy the key to other locations.  Companies get a
little carried away with their concern for piracy, etc.  If people
want it bad enough, they're going to get it - one way or another.
The only people the hurt are the ones that try to follow the
rules.

--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                      (o_