On Friday 03 Oct 2003 4:19 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> James Sparenberg said:
> > Good news may be with samba 3.x .... it's better aimed at XP
> > (fingers
> > crossed)
>
> You know, I was reading a little bit about that, and I was under
> the impression that most of it's new features were aimed at
> dealing better with NT4.

Since XP has the same base as NT4, that's reasonable.

>I thought that was quite odd, but I may
> have just misread; it was really more of a quick glance.
> Similarly with Win4lin; why do they keep putting out new versions
> that only work with 9x versions of Windoze?  That system is 5
> years old now.

The latest issue is able to support W2K upwards - but it's a first
stage, so I don't know how good it is yet.  I'm sure that by the next
release it will be good.

And then of course many of us do actually prefer to stay with win98 -
particularly since it is 100% stable under win4lin.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302