--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"
> <mainstream20016@> wrote:
>
> > Curtis, this is addressed to you and I'm sure you will respond,
> but.....may I ?
> > Trinity3, why would you doubt that he doesn't feel independent of
> unconscious processes,
> > and that he uses them (uncoscious processes) for his art ?  It seems
> that Curtis is fully one
> > with the creative expressions from their inception, through their
> expression through his
> > art, in his case blues music performance.  The concept of control of
> the process was
> > introduced by your question, and isn't what he asserts.   He seems
> to be a fully
> > enlightened artist, at one with the first creative impulse, through
> its relative expression of
> > his own voice, guitar, and physical expression.  Expanding the range
> of awareness of the
> > conscious mind to percieve the first impulses of creativity is what
> FFLers have been doing
> > naturally for a very long time.
> > -Mainstream
>
> Mainstream, maybe I am doing injustice to Curtis, I am certainly not
> doubting his creative process. Its simply my understanding of atheism
> as a philosophy of life. Religion, any religion certainly questions
> the independence of our mind /ego (while I am aware that Christianity
> makes it a special point that God gave man freedom of decision - not
> my belief) and makes it dependent on another entity, atheism asserts
> us that we alone are in control of our lives. At least thats what I
> have understood it to mean until now. Of course, everyone is aware of
> 'limitations' we all have,imposed to us by nature. But there is a
> fundamental belief that we are ourself in charge of what we believe
> in, that we with our mind can logically understand life and should
> reject irrationality. In fact religion is seen as 'irrational' by
> atheists, which implies that they believe in a rational understanding
> of life. IOW they regard ratio higher than feelings or experiences (as
> Curtis is never tired to point out that he regards the same mystical
> experiences many of us share in a different way and strips  them of
> any religious meaning they could have.) In fact he tries to understand
> them rationally only, as I believe. Thus he places ratio highest, and
> I always understood this to mean a place where intellect is 'in control'

t3rinity,  you have a polar opposite view from atheism regarding the authorship
of any
person's thoughts.  While atheism denies the existence of God, you attribute
all thoughts
to God - Even the thoughts of atheists' that deny God's existence!!

Why do you believe that humans do not have free will ?  Is the concept of free
will too
removed from the belief that God authors all ?  What if God authored free will
? How would
that concept fit for you ?