Hi Curtis,

This was quite beautiful. Thank you. If you feel comfortable, I would
love to hear more about how you came to embrace atheism.

I feel an internal struggle between the idea of a personal God and
that I am creating this God for comfort, out of fear, out of
lonliness, specialness, etc. I love that you pointed out that this was
not an intelectual journey for you. Rather this encompassed your heart
and spirit as well. You have given me a lot to ponder.

I have felt spiritual without the need for a God. I still feel very
connected to other people, animals, nature. I always experience this
with confusion. How can I feel this connection yet not believe in God?
Don't I need a God to feel connected?

I had a conversation a few months back with a good friend and my wife.
The friend and I were sharing our feelings/thoughts on God, on having
a purpose, etc. My lovely wife chimed in and said all of these self
doubts are a result of our belief in a God. A God that has a plan for
us (which we never seem to find), a God that has expectations of us
(which we can never meet). She said her peace comes from not needing a
God. Just being comfortable with herself. Period.

Anyway, thanks for sparking my mind.

Best,
Gary