Michael (t3rinity), this is part of a really excellent group of
discussion threads that you are participating in with Turq,
Mainstream, Curtis, etc.; thanks bunches for it.  The points you
articulate resonate with my experience, feelings, and (I guess)
beliefs.

Hope to drop in later with something more valuable than just
appreciation, but don't stop now.

Marek

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"
> <mainstream20016@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"

> > > but.....may I ?
independent of
> > > unconscious processes,
It seems
> > > that Curtis is fully one
> > > expression through his
> > > the process was
> > > to be a fully
> > > its relative expression of
> > > of awareness of the
> > > FFLers have been doing
> > >
> > > Mainstream, maybe I am doing injustice to Curtis, I am
certainly not
> > > doubting his creative process. Its simply my understanding of
atheism
> > > as a philosophy of life. Religion, any religion certainly
questions
> > > the independence of our mind /ego (while I am aware that
Christianity
> > > makes it a special point that God gave man freedom of decision -
 not
> > > my belief) and makes it dependent on another entity, atheism
asserts
> > > us that we alone are in control of our lives. At least thats
what I
> > > have understood it to mean until now. Of course, everyone is
aware of
> > > 'limitations' we all have,imposed to us by nature. But there is
> > > fundamental belief that we are ourself in charge of what we
believe
> > > in, that we with our mind can logically understand life and
should
> > > reject irrationality. In fact religion is seen as 'irrational'
by
> > > atheists, which implies that they believe in a rational
understanding
> > > of life. IOW they regard ratio higher than feelings or
experiences (as
> > > Curtis is never tired to point out that he regards the same
mystical
> > > experiences many of us share in a different way and strips
them of
> > > any religious meaning they could have.) In fact he tries to
understand
> > > them rationally only, as I believe. Thus he places ratio
highest, and
> > > I always understood this to mean a place where intellect is 'in
> control'
> > >

> > t3rinity,  you have a polar opposite view from atheism regarding
the
> authorship of any
> > person's thoughts.  While atheism denies the existence of God, you
> attribute all thoughts
> > to God - Even the thoughts of atheists' that deny God's
existence!!

> Yes.
>
> > Why do you believe that humans do not have free will ?
>
> The question I would have is: Who has the free will? Very much, what
> we consider ourselves to be, is just a bundle of desires
impressions,