> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"
> > <mainstream20016@> wrote:

> > the SF
Lynch

> > > from #151229:
> > > 'Like a surgeon who scrubs for surgery outside of the surgical
> > suite, away from the
> > > patient, the TM teacher can prepare for teaching TM by performing
> > the puja privately, in
> > > an adjoining room.'
> >
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1) Do the would-be meditaters bring fruit flowers and handkerchief?
> > [Please explain]
> >
> > 2) Is all of this by *direct* instructions from Maharishi?
> >

>  Maharishi has been flexible with aspects of the puja, including not
requirng the student to
> observe the teacher's performance of the puja.  Maharishi might
allow the teacher to
> provide the fruit, flowers, and handkerchief, to further reassure
the student.

> The TM technique's current irrelevance is due to the now
overtly-religious TMO. The SIMS
> period through 1975 saw TM taught as a secular technique, and
incredibly wide
> acceptance.  Since the Sidhi program instruction in 1976, the TMO
has not been able to
> present itself as a non-religious organization.   Not coincidently
TM has since become
> irrelevant.  A return to secular TM instruction made available from
a new, separate secular
> teaching organization will allow its wide acceptance - the current
affiliation with the
> overtly-religious TMO will not.

Having now read most of your posts in this thread, I get the
impression that this current effort to establish a 'secular' TMO is
mainly an idea you have concocted and are promoting and that it didn't
come from Maharishi.

I also get the impression that you wouldn't hesitate to proceed to
accomplish a 'secular' organization without his direct approval.

In my eyes it's bad enough that the key substance of the initiation,
the Puja, its importance and its implications, is being relegated to
darkness, and that the would-be meditaters are totally excluded from
it. In my view, your proposition is not only dangerously contra to
maintaining the purity of the teaching, but flat out dishonest.

I also find it appalling that a TM teacher would resort to having to
hide truths about TM from the general public.