--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> >

> > In a message dated 10/19/07 4:59:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > do.rflex@ writes:
> >
> > Try  reading the polls you site."Bush's job approval rating fell
to 24
> > >  percent from last month's record low for a Zogby poll of 29
percent.
> > A  paltry 11
> > > percent gave Congress a positive grade, tying last month's  record
> > low." So
> > > Congress' positive poll numbers are a fraction of  Bush's.
> > >

> > > I should have added "according to  Zogby".
> >
> > Yes. You should have.
> >

> > Why? Do you not accept Zogby's polling results when it comes to
> Congress,
> > but accept the results when they regard Bush's ?

CORRECTED:

> Now the wingnut argues with himself just to attempt to make it look
> like he's arguing with me. Typical immature winger inanity.
>
> He also fails to acknowledge that Congress isn't a 'Democratic'
> Congress. Sixty votes are required to freely pass legislation in the
> Senate and the Senate is as follows:

Democratic Senators                    49
Republican Senators                    49
Independent                             1
Connecticut for Lieberman Party         1

AND, a 2/3 majority is required to pass bills in the House:

House of Representatives

Democratic Representatives      233
Republican Representatives      200