---Nis. Maharaj yes, ; Ramana somewhat only since he's a devotee of
Arunachala Shiva.  I know the difference.  A Neo-Advaitin (among
other "things" is a person who takes an exclusionary position in One
aspect of Brahman, the static; while ignoring the dynamic aspect, and
spouting a POV that knowledge of the Self alone - Gnosis - is
sufficient remedy for all problems...;
and byw, WHO is asking or stating RM and NIS are NOT Neo-Advaitins?
See how utterly ridiculous this gets?
Your're a nobody, the world is nothing, and there's no karma, no
suffering, no individuals, nothing.  You don't exist!  Just the Self.
What rubbish!

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matrixmonitor,
>
> Ramana Maharishi and Nisargadatta are NOT "neo" Advitans... some of
> their students and disciples have sullied the knowledge with ego,
and
> them I can label neo, but Ramana Maharishi and Nisargadatta are pure
> Advaita...and they did pujas and suggested bhakti techniques also.
>
> If you read Ramana's "Talks" three times, you'll see that unity is
the
> basis of everything he espouses, and he's incredibly practical in
> dealing with duality.
>
> Gotta read him until you can feel him; otherwise, you'll condemning
> one of the most powerful teachers that ever walked the planet....and
> that is a punishable offense of deep degree in the eyes of "those
who
> await your spirit's arrival at the pearly gates."
>
> Beware Matrix, beware.
>
> Edg
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor"
> <matrixmonitor@> wrote:
> >
> > --Below: Vaj suggests a brain transplant for Jerry.  HA!. Funny.
> > Actually, I observed long ago that he's "brainless".  There's
only a
> > type of vacancy in the cranial cavity, which amounts to a
perverse
> > Neo-Advaitin-ism, which he's fallen for. (the main proponent -
> > Nisargadatta Maharaj).   He sent me one of the Maharaj books -
> > transcribed lectures, but I may have trashed it.
> >  Just my POV, but I can't fathom how anybody with a real brain
could
> > fall for that Neo-Advaitin nonsense.; but now I've opened up a
can of
> > worms since I've made a precise claim which deserves some
> > examples....maybe later tonight; (althoug there's a new "Numbers"
> > tonight. Can't miss it!).
> >  I'm into Buddhism.  On the whole, Buddhism circumvents the
pitfalls
> > of Neo-Advaita since while the latter posits the existence
as "The
> > Self", there's no provision for the dynamic aspect.  In addition,
> > don't believe Nis. Maharaj or Ramana have constructively dealt
with
> > the little problem of suffering; except to say: (it
doesn't "really"
> > exist).
> >  Buddhism circumvents the Neo-Advaita trap since any orientation
of
> > a "two-aspect" Brahman is another form of delusion in the face of
> > what some Buddhists call "the true entity of life"; i.e.
existence
> > itself, the true nature of existence a whole, as an absolute
> > continuum.  Being absolutely continuous, there's no possibility
of
> > falling to various ontological traps involving a Self/not-Self
> > dichotomy.
> >  We can see this in the ordinary speech of the Dalai Lama.
Having
> > realized the absolute Continuity of emptiness, he doesn't go
around
> > talking about two existences.  Life reverts to Unity, but then
the
> > same carrying water and chopping wood.  He doesn't even admit
being
> > Enlightened! (in public at least).  When asked by Barbara Walters
if
> > he was Enlightened, the DL laughed and said, "No, not yet!".
> >
> > - In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > 1/2 hr
> > to).
> > reported