off_world_beings wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

>>> Nabs is delirious again, Mary--just keep that in mind.:)
>>>
> Whether
>
>>> it's 'worth it' or not isn't the issue.  Most people here agree
>>>
> with
>
>>> your assessment of the TMO's ridiculous prices.
>>>
>>> Sal
>>>
>> Mary, I learned TM for $35 in the early 70s, and it was $125 (for
>> adults, less for students) when I taught it later in the 70s. >>
>>

> Yes, it seems Maharishi learned since then that flakey people come
> knocking if it is free, or cheap, so he wants more responsible people
> coming around.
>
> So if a person is studying to be a doctor or an engineer or an
> architect or international finance, then the cost would dissapear
> into their student loans as negligible.
> If a person is already graduated and successful as one of those
> people above then the cost is negligible.
>
> Seems to make sense to me, he would get more responsible and
> pragmatic people than you or I that way.
>
> OffWorld

Oh baloney!  If you know anything about doctors most of them become ones
because daddy was a doctor and pulled strings to get them through
medical school just like his daddy did.   As for engineers I am one.
Self trained too and for a long time if you wanted anyone who really
knew anything about computer software development you didn't get them
out of colleges who had archaic software engineering programs.   More
responsible?  I must have been pretty irresponsible I guess to 1) be on
an advisory board for a Bay Area college's computer science department
and 2) to be on the steering committees that produced some of the stuff
you are probably using on your computer (such as the group that resulted
in Microsoft's DirectX) and 3) a successful manager in a successful
software firm.  Of course you'll have to speak for yourself in the
absent minded professor role. :)

My bet (and experience too) is those with that much expendable income
would probably do TM for a few months and drop it like the majority do
or have done.

If Maharishi really wanted to do something good for the world he'd
really soak the rich until they were broke but he's not that good a con
artist.