> On Dec 15, 2007, at 4:06 PM, nablusoss1008 wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Ann" <buttercookie61@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm new to this list and to this discussion on TM. Probably someone
> >> has mentioned it before, but $1,200 is a bit steep to learn a
> >> meditation technique.
> >
> > I beg to differ; 1200, or even 2500 is very, very inexpensive. I can't
> > obviously say that to someone who has not had the experience, but
> > it is
> > very inexpensive. Knowing what I know today I would gladly pay not $1
> > million but £1 mill or whatever. How much would you value your life ?
> > An absurd question since you do not put a price on your life, no ?
> > Your
> > life is priceless, as is the key to your own Self. You see, it is not
> > just "a meditation technique". It is the Royal Path to effortlessly
> > experience your true Self.
>
> Nabs is delirious again, Mary--just keep that in mind.:)  Whether
> it's 'worth it' or not isn't the issue.  Most people here agree with
> your assessment of the TMO's ridiculous prices.
>
> Sal

Mary, I learned TM for $35 in the early 70s, and it was $125 (for
adults, less for students) when I taught it later in the 70s.  That's
when the TM organization was run by sane people.  If you apply
inflation to those sane 70s rates, you come up with about $575 for
adults today, which sounds about right to me.

Plus in the 70s the TM org. had some useful free or low priced
followup programs at its 1000s of local centers, whereas now there are
very few centers around and they just offer more outrageously priced,
somewhat wacko, advanced programs.

If you're having some serious health problem associated with stress,
esp cardiovascular, then it might be worth paying the very high rates
to learn TM, otherwise I'd look around for something else in your area.