Note that we have here two more examples of
Barry's continuing obsession with the number
of my posts.

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
wrote:
<snip>
> > > He felt that his posts were unappreciated, as I
> > > said to start with. Obviously you don't tell
> > > somebody to cut back posts you appreciate.
> >
> > No? Even your *supporters* were asking you
> > to post less, Judy. And you categorically
> > refused, as did Lawson, as did Shemp. The
> > posting limits were the result.

Actually I never "categorically refused." I
don't think Lawson did either. And to the
extent *anybody* wanted me to cut back, I felt
unappreciated.

> Just as a followup, I should point out that
> yesterday, in less than 24 hours, you made 33
> posts. Those posts were mainly you either
> rehashing old arguments that you've been argu-
> ing about for 14 years on this forum or another,
> and a few token posts dissing people you don't
> like and trying to "lessen" them in the eyes
> of other posters.

Actually this is a highly inaccurate description.
No surprise there.

> If the posting limits had *not* been put into
> effect, and you continued to post at the same
> rate, you'd easily rack up over 200 posts for the
> week.

And yet somehow without posting limits, I rarely
went over 100 posts per week. How many posts I
make per day has to do with how many posts are
being made by others (typically more on the
weekends) and the specific topics that come up.
<duh>

 How many of the people who "appreciate"
> your posts here do you think still would if
> you were allowed to post as much as you clearly
> want to?

Dunno, why don't you ask them?

I appreciated almost all of Lawson's posts, no
matter how many there were.

> I think that what many of us "appreciate" most
> about your posts is that now, under the new
> posting limits, you've often compulsively used
> them all up by Monday morning, and we can spend
> the rest of the week free of them. The same would
> be true of Lawson if he were still around, but
> he'd "foul out on posts" by mid-day Saturday.
>
> And Shemp will probably come off his two-week
> hiatus full of bile and go over the limit within
> a few days, and then we'll be free of his posts
> for at least a month. I'm a big *fan* of the
> posting limits.  :-)

Oddly enough, Shemp, Lawson, and I are three of
your sharpest critics here. *Of course* you're a
"fan" of limiting our posts.