America's choice
by the Master —, through Benjamin Creme

When American citizens go to the polls in November, they will have
the opportunity to change the course of history. On their decision
largely rests the style and structure of the immediate future. If
they choose wisely, they will elect a President committed to
fostering the well-being of all who long for peace and justice in
our troubled world; who realize that peace and justice are the
outcome of trust, and who are prepared to share the vast resources
of their country to create that trust.
The alternative is too terrible to contemplate: a mounting programme
of war and terror and counter-terror; a tightening grip on the
traditional freedoms of the American people; a breakdown of
relations with other countries; and a `pariah' reputation among the
nations for the proud United States. Who would knowingly make such a
choice?

Beleaguered
As the day of destiny approaches, the minds of many turn to the
beleaguered people of America whom, now, so many despise and hate.
They pray for the deliverance of its people from the cruel and crude
exponents of illegal, usurped power. They call for every peace-
loving American to raise their voice against the war-mongering of
the present administration, and to cast their vote in like fashion.

Canker
Of course, America is not alone at fault for the inequalities of the
world, the basic canker in our midst, the source of all our
troubles. It shares the blame with all the developed countries who
ride roughshod and cavalier over the poor and struggling, and must
awaken to this main source of tension — and terror.
Therein lies the fault of the Western world: these `successful'
countries owe their wealth and dominance largely to history, and
their ability to manipulate the world's economy to their own
advantage through aggressive `market forces'. The world's poor and
destitute now demand their share. If this simple right of justice is
not addressed and remedied, the world will know no peace. Terrorism
will fester and grow into war, which will threaten the future of the
people of Earth.
We, your Elder Brothers, cannot stand aside and watch while the very
future of the world is under threat. America is a great nation with
much of good to give the world. It must now awaken to its soul's
longing to serve, to live in peace and justice, and, together, in
harmony and co-operation, to work with all nations to remake this
world.
This election can be a great turning point in the affairs of men.
Cast your vote, We beg you, for justice, sharing and peace.

Share International Magazine, November 2004

http://www.shareintl.org