> <snip>
> > > Those I know personally who do the full
> > >
> > > Different from what, in what ways?
> >
> > They just did not seem any different,

This discussion interests me.  I have gone through these stages of
thinking;

Sidhas have developed more subtle, aware minds through their practice.
(obviously when I was doing them!)

Sidha are deluded and are being distracted from real thinking by a
mind-numbing practice. (When I first left the movement)

People's self awareness and capacity for genuine introspection is a
completely separate development from any "spiritual" practice.  Some
people develop it and some do not. (New improved by FFL version)

Now I believe that thoughtful people can extract meaning and value
from any experience.  But using a non-intellectual process as a
substitute for the activity of thinking produces a person who lives in
an intellectual world of cliche, thought-stopping phrases.

I have noticed that the people here whose perspective I seem to gain
the most from have either kept the movement conditioning at arms
length,(Judy and sometimes Lawson as examples), or followed other POVs
deeply enough to be forced to think about the concepts outside the
structured phrases of the belief system. (Kirk's recent post comes to
mind, but many posters here have this skill)

So I can't say that I believe that people who practice meditation or
sidhis do develop any cognitive skills that seems like anything on the
brochures. I don't think it automatically diminishes any cognitive
abilities either.

Reports of results on sidhis are mostly the kind of results that a
developed imagination can cook up, especially in the fluid and
generative meditation state.  You only get an occasional report of
something happening that other people could verify outside their mind.
 With the exception of the flying sidha in the recent video who flew
into the sky with his "tits forward!"  It probably helped to stabilize
his magical flight.