> I gave you two URLs to sites that use it without any
> reference to TM or Maharishi. As I said, to find other
> references I'd have to go to a library that carried
> older spiritual books to find other uses, but obviously
> I'm not going to go to that sort of trouble for such a
> silly dispute. If you want to conclude that I'm lying
> about having heard many complaints about MMY's
> appropriation of the term, fine, believe what you want.

As I pointed out, the Krishna guy didn't arrive in the West until 3 years after
MMY
publsihed his book, so a  lecture where he uses the term doesn't prove anything.

ANd, you've heard plenty of complaints, but when did you hear them? I'm willing
to bet
that most people weren't involved in any form of meditation prior to the SOBAL
publication
in 1963. MMY's use of CC coopts an earlier term, but his CC, GC, UC division is
now used
in AA lectures without attribution and no doubt many people complain that he's
coopted
THAT, as well.

Lawson