> Can I ask a question? I don't know you from Adam,
> but you've been coming across a tad...uh...cultlike
> about this Tom fellow. And the website you pointed
> us to has a vibe that's more than a little icky IMO.
> How much money have you...uh..."contributed" to
> this Core Spirituality Institute?

Tom has been my life partner for going on 25 years now.  He was chosen
2 years in a row as the students favorite faculty member -— teaching
philosophy & film— at MIU in th early 80's.

For sure I'm his biggest cheerleader and I've contributed my life—
with no regrets.

Who self publishes & ask for donations?  A sanyansin, who else.  Tom
writes for himself and the few people that can grok it.  He's actually
dumbed this down quite a bit.    But who is going to publish a book
that is 750 pages and few people would understand.
An editor friend of ours wanted Tom to write a book on the Gita a few
years back. Kendra eventually wrote the book herself after Tom's was
turned down.... the publishers were impressed but needed something for
the masses.  Tom just not do sound bites.  He won't say something is
true if it's only 85% probable that it is so it doesn't read like an
Ayn Rand book 100% black or 100% white

There are pictures of us here
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=gypsyjanluise

smaller picture here on the —for you icky—web site
http://www.corespirituality.com/fellows.html

I don't actually remember you as a personality but I guess we played
hooky together one afternoon at the first Squaw Valley course '68,
going to Tahoe in someones van.  My roommate at the Christmas '67
Asilomar Course was a very shy girl named Karen Tjsomethingnagel, you
eventual x-wife i guess.  Quite a suprise to come back to the US in 75
and see the flashy Karen Wright, Registrar at miu.