--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Luise" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Can I ask a question? I don't know you from Adam,
> > but you've been coming across a tad...uh...cultlike
> > about this Tom fellow. And the website you pointed
> > us to has a vibe that's more than a little icky IMO.
> > How much money have you...uh..."contributed" to
> > this Core Spirituality Institute?

I remember Tom, when I was at MIU in the late '70's, early 80's...
He always seemed to be an honest intense, 'in your face' kind of
guy...
I think sometimes people who have intense personalities or who
exclaim passionate rhetoric, can often be viewed as cultish...
Why people have this reaction, I don't know.
I heard a lady on C-Span this morning, from Kentucky, who was saying
something about Barack Obama scares her, and reminds her of someone
like the cult-leader Jim Jones, who had is followers commit mass
suicide back in some past bad dream...
This is the mentality of some people, which I find strange, to say
the least..