--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Stu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The transcendental meditation technique
> > involves sitting uncomfortably, squeezing
> > one's eyes closed, and concentrating as
> > hard as possible on a magical word. The
> > idea of transcendental meditation is to
> > maintain complete focus on the magical
> > word, no matter what. If another thought
> > appears, you should force it out, even if
> > this causes a headache. The headaches are
> > signs that you are meditating properly.
> >
> The heavens cracked open and a pure light shined in.  A wash of kosmic
> love washed over my body now a unified one.  Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
> Hallelujah!
>
> O Guru Unc -  For 30 years I must have been doing it wrong.  Upon
> reading your post this morning I adjusted my practice.  Thank you!
> Thank you! Thank you for transmitting the true technique.  I bow down to
> thee.  Salom Aleichem.
>
> Gotta go, no need to use the internet anymore - will be visiting you
> folks on the astral plane.
>
> Namast�,
>
> The vessel housing S2.
>
> PS - Tylenol took care of the headache.

Actualy, I DID find a Buddhist meditation teacher online who almost prescribed
teh above
as "proper" meditation:  You have to sit there and bear all possible
discomfort, no matter
how awful and persevere in your practice until you just can't stand it any
more. Then you
can get up and walk around until you feel better, and start the process again.

Lawson