> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <sandiego108@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > <snip> What I think is hilarious is that Judy has now...<snip>
> >
> > you sure enjoy paying attention to her, huh?
>
> This was a fun experiment in seeing how many
> posts she'd waste replying to one post of mine
> (the one in which I redefined "transcendental
> meditation" as if -- as she suggested -- the
> lowercased term had nothing whatsoever to do
> with Transcendental Meditation). It was a
> resounding success.  :-)
>
> Yes, I'm evil, but when the entertainment value
> of FFL starts to wane, I'm not above stoking
> the fires a little, *without* getting sucked
> into some long, drawn-out argument. In this
> case, she argued with herself and with other
> people for 20+ posts. As a result, she at this
> point has only five posts left for the week. I
> consider this a form of selfless service for
> those who'd like to post without being constantly
> harassed to argue by someone who has a need to
> argue.

It is funny you say that, Saturday morning I was reading
some messages on here and was scratching my head
repeatedly. This person posted what read as a kinda angry
response to the moderator going point by point
disagreeing with the rational of the why/wherefore
of posting limits. This was in the early stages of
about 20 posts over 3 hours that seemed rather strained.
Maybe some mental quieting technique would be helpful.
... say TM? lol  The following day post after post seemed
 not to be communication and attempt at dialogue, but a
prolonged slam session. Meanwhile, it was as if some of the
other posters who are often interesting, yourself
excluded, were absent. The distinct thought I had was that
I wished the posting limit was lower or that the individuals
involved would quickly run out. I was getting, I'll admit,
mentally kinda obsessive about it. lol   Got over it. Went for a run.
Smiled at a pretty girl. Enjoyed the world. I gotta tell ya,
the relative is wayyyyyyyyy underrated. lol On my run the
thoought returned that what I was seeing here was neurotic
but perhaps a necessary activity for those involved.
I certainly hope it furthers their evolution but recognized that
I never wished to be entangled in that sticky web. I realize
people sometimes get extremely attached to what they write.
For it to become a ruling/consuming passion seems unhealthy.
Whatever. If your posts drew this to a quicker end, thanks.