Hey, Ispiritkin.  I wouldn't know since I just found that on Youtube,
but I've watched other spiders doing their mating thing and since the
issue for the male is how to procreate without being consumed, what
I've observed (and what I think that little jumping spider dance video
also supports) is that the male does a kind of hypno-dance that
mesmerizes the female into inertness.  Most (all?) male spiders carry
the sperm on what appear to be two, smaller front legs called
pedipalps and they have to get pretty close to transfer it to the
female.  With luck, the female is too dopey to realize that her little
love morsel has fled.

Ah, love.

Marek

**