"the coming year will be about > expansion".

But doesn't this type of language kind of load the deck?  I mean what
year of anyones life doesn't include such a generalized value?

So much of what I had seen from divination arts are in the language
used and the willingness of the person the descriptions are about to
come up with specific examples.  Both sides so eager to prove the
system right even while the client sometimes feigns skepticism...

And guess what will happen next year, you will also experience
contractions!