--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Both are "stress" in TM terms: they are experiences that overwhelm
> > Self. The Big-S Self is the exact opposite of Selye's "stereotypical
> physiological
> > response." Selye told MMY about 40 years ago that meditation was
> > the exact opposite, but I think that that was because he hadn't seen
> > the transcendental consciousness research at that time.
>
> I don't understand it that way.  Eustress could just be the sun part
> of the cloth analogy.  Eustress as I understand it is challenge that
> pushes you to greater ability and is considered positive in Selye's
> model right?  The value of activities for infusing being was a big
> part of the story that supported fulltimers.  Developing "flexibility"
> etc. was purported to be created by certain activities and often
> included a dose of sleep deprivation.

Sun fading the cloth happens with ANY activity, good or bad. The FACT
that someone is not established in the Self, is seen as evidence that
'they still have stress in their system (at least enough to prevent CC).

Eustress is more pleasant than distress, but both are "stress" --in TM
terms, if you're not enlightened, than you're still stressed (would be anyway
since no-one is without SOME level of stress, but there's a level of stress
past which people can't maintain Self).

Lawson