> I understand this well enough.  But to expand that concept to the
> concept of unstressing resulting from meditation is unwarranted in my
> mind.  Did anyone other than MMY promote the unstressing concept?

It may be a remake of the yogic idea of burning smaskaras.  I think he
tried it out and the reaction was so good in the West that he ran with
it.  It is kind of funny that we sort of instilled a phobia about all
this "stress in the nervous system" in the intro lecture and then sold
the solution to the problem we had created in their minds!