--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "yifuxero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 44. What is meant by restraint in the centre of the brow? The left
> and right in the central channel.

Seems like the translator doesn't know Sanskrit syntax very
well. The last word of that suutra is a compound word:

savyaapasavyasauSumneSu (savya-apasavya-sauSumneSu).

First of all, -su (because of *internal* sandhi, in this
case, -Su), is teh ending of the locative *plural*.
That and the fact that the words 'savya' and 'apasavya' are in
the stem form, not in an inflected form, shows that
the compound is a dvandva of three components, not for instance
a tatpuruSa or karmadhaaraya. The deep structure,
so to speak, of a dvandva cannot be an adverbial relation between
teh components. Instead, it's a simple coordination. So teh
locative ending should be applied to all the components, IMO:
In the left, right and central channel. Actually, the context
may call for some other preposition than 'in'. And so on, and
so on... :D

So, I'm sorry to say the translator doesn't seem to
have a clue of what teh fvck they are talkin about!
But, of course, I might be all wrong...