> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"
> > <mainstream20016@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Why wouldn't someone with their own real power base be placed
> > > as VP on the ticket ?
> >
> > Obama wants his power base to be the only one.
> >
> > > Are you inferring that HILLARY will not be placed on the
> > > ticket BECAUSE she has her own real power base ?
> >
> > I think it's very unlikely he'd pick her, at least
> > partly for that reason..
> >
> > > If you could determine Hillary's thinking at this time....
> > > Is she be thinking that she will be given the right of first
> > > refusal for the Democratic VP slot ?
> >
> > As far as Hillary's thinking goes, she'll do whatever
> > she thinks is best for the Democratic Party. If she
> > and Obama agreed privately that his publicly giving her
> > first refusal--on condition that she refused--would
> > be good for the party, she'd go along with that gesture.
> > I doubt Obama would go that far, however. He's interested
> > in what's good for Obama.
>
> The above is OPINION.

Right, I was asked for my opinion, and I gave it.

> However, I think everyone here knows that if
> someone had said the same things about Hillary
> Clinton -- and they could, with considerably
> greater accuracy -- that Judy would be calling
> them LIARS for saying it.

Barry's hard up for Gotta-Get-Judy bashes. If
"everyone here knows" what Barry says, everyone
is in as bad shape mentally as he is.

Even in the midst of the primary, when the
nastiest imaginable criticisms of Hillary were
flying thick and fast, I don't believe I ever
called anyone making them a liar, even when
their criticisms were based on misinformation.

> When Judy expresses an OPINION, somehow it
> comes out as if she is speaking pure Truth,
> as if she has convinced herself that she
> "knows," and anyone who disagrees with her
> doesn't.
>
> But when someone else expresses an OPINION
> that Judy doesn't like, they aren't just
> mistaken, they are LYING.
>
> Interesting, doncha think?

What's interesting is not just that the above
is flatly untrue, somehow it comes out as if
Barry is speaking pure Truth, as if he had
convinced himself that he "knows," and anyone
who disagrees with him doesn't.

> Judy, *my* OPINION is that you project onto
> the people you don't like the very things you
> can't face in yourself.

But Barry, that's my OPINION of you.

 I have never encountered
> a person on this planet who is more interested
> only in what she thinks is good for herself
> than you. I've never encountered a person who
> fears what she perceives as other people's
> "power base" than you. You are basically
> accusing Obama of acting like YOU.
>
> And I'm not lying. This is what I actually
> believe about you.

As I've frequently observed, when you say things
that are obviously untrue, it's not always easy
to tell when you're lying and when you're speaking
from serious delusion. Sometimes, I'm afraid, I
tend to give you more credit for being in your
right mind than is really appropriate.