--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "R.G." <babajii_99@> wrote:
> > >
> > >  (snip)

> > >   (snip)
> > > Why should anyone but Hillary be responsible for her debts.
> >
> > It's traditional that primary winners help the losers
> > retire their campaign debt. This isn't a new wrinkle.
>
> You have posted this false argument before with no
> support, simply calling it traditional.

Actually I did provide support, from four recent
published articles:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-money14-
2008may14,0,1137125.story
http://tinyurl.com/6rwqkp

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080605/pl_bloomberg/apktsglzmhzm
http://tinyurl.com/5hk4pt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/08/obama-camp-faces-major-
ob_n_100928.html
http://tinyurl.com/5x5vvw

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-14-
campaign-debt_N.htm
http://tinyurl.com/5u59qp

That's from post #179401 if you want to check.

> That simply isn't true, as Sunshine Sal pointed out to you.

Sal is simply incorrect, as are you. See my response
to her in post #179429. They don't *always* do it,
but they *frequently* do. It isn't something Hillary
dreamed up all on her own.

> There have been instances where candidates who
> were on good terms helped a failed campaign retire
> a small debt. <i.e. 10k> To help retire a debt that was
> recklessly and imprudently driven to, say, 22 million
> dollars is foolish.

Actually she says she'll absorb the loan she made
to her campaign herself, so it's about half that.

If it's "foolish" to help her, then Obama's foolish,
because he's offered to do so. He very badly needs
at least to *appear* to be on good terms with her.
He can't win without a very substantial portion of
the votes of her 18 million primary supporters.

That's also why she's unlikely to complain, at
least publicly, if he doesn't live up to his promise,
because, again, she wants to see a Democrat in the
White House.

(Note that he won't be giving her any of his campaign
funds; that would be illegal. Rather, he's asking his
maxed-out donors to give money to her.)