<snip>
> In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the motive behind
> her sticking it out for so long to begin with, putting him in a
> lose/lose position.  Don't help her out, look like an ungallant
> winner.  *Do* help her, and have no time to run his own.

No, Sal. She stuck it out for so long because she was
absolutely convinced he couldn't win, and she wanted a
Democrat in the White House. She still wants a Democrat
in the White House, though, so she'll do everything she
can to help him win, including raising money for his
campaign and rallying her own supporters.

He really doesn't have to do a lot to help her retire
her debt; it's not going to take away any significant
time from his campaign. He won't be doing that much
of it himself.