<shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > I have been wondering when this would achieve the
> > > critical mass necessary to get attention in the press.
> >
> > Been getting it for a while, actually.
>
> Oh really? And how is "a while " defined?

Well, if you're talking about organized opposition
to Obama's nomination and the DNC, since shortly after
Hillary endorsed him, actually. Fox News, for example,
had PUMA members on Neil Cavuto's show on June 9. WaPo
had a story on the anti-Obama movement on June 27.
There've been many stories about the protests being
planned in Denver.

The Denver Group itself was founded on June 18 and
started accepting contributions on June 24.

> > > The ActBlue site indicates donations of $380.92.
> >
> > ActBlue isn't the only contribution channel. The Denver
> > Group collected enough to run a good-sized ad in the
> > Chicago Tribune on July 11.
>
> Oh, Ok. "a while" must be defined as 3 days ago.

For The Denver Group specifically, yes.

> > http://thedenvergroup.blogspot.com/
> >
> > > Do you think Hillary will openly support this movement?
> >
> > Not a chance.
> >
> > (Well, there's a chance, I suppose, but Obama
> > would have to be making an even bigger fool of
> > himself and his supporters than he has so far.)
>
> Which is it? "Not a chance. Well, there's a chance "

Another way of putting it: She won't support it
*unless* Obama makes an even bigger fool of himself
and his supporters than he has so far.

> If I didn't know better, I'd think you hadn't made
> up your mind. We both know that what you are doing
> is trying to engage one of your twisting nasty never
> ending exchanges.

We do?? Hey, you're the one who responded.

 You may consider them intellectual
> tennis but I see them as the product of your very
> unpleasant personality.

One can't both have an unpleasant personality and
engage in intellectual tennis?

<snip>
> > Those who have actually been following things
> > know that many if not most of those involved in
> > this movement are not so much Hillary True
> > Believers as Obama Nonbelievers.
>
> I suppose that as seen thru your Obama hating
> bitter spectacles it does look that way.

Let's see if I understand how this works. We're
actually Hillary True Believers, but because we
see things through our Obama-hating spectacles,
we think we're, uh, really Obama-haters. Have I
got that right?

> > Shemp's right about one thing, though. The number
> > of ONBs is growing rapidly, and it's showing up
> > in the polls, in his and McCain's approval ratings,
> > and most noticeably in Obama's fundraising, which
> > has slumped badly.
>
> As if those are not part of the natural cycle of electioneering
> in Primary and General election cycles.

Given the overall anti-Republican political
climate this election year, Obama should be
pulling away from McCain at light speed at
this point, but instead he's falling back.
And it was his own campaign that predicted
$100 million in donations in June. It's
turned out to be only $30 million or so.

 Take a seat or join the