> 1) What happens to the pundits in Fairfield?  The Pundit Project has
> been a key "happening" in the Movement for the past 5 years or so.
> Girish and family hold the leases on these semi-slaves.  So this will
> be a big disrupt right there.
>
> 2) Girish is Maharishi's family.  If there is a split, how will this
> affect, psychologically, the troops in the West?  We are supposed to
> be above these sorts of things and a split will confuse, demoralize,
> and depress many TBers.  Can't have that.
>
> 3) Moolah.  How much of the Movement's fortunes are held by and
> controlled by the Indians?  Will there be court battles to get the
> money?  This won't be pretty from a publicity point of view.
>
> 4)  How many in the East (ie., India) will side with the Family?
> More importantly, will any in the West?  You know, one juicy rumour
> that is BOUND to start here in the West and which, of course, you
> will find fertile ground for it to fester is that Girish -- who looks
> like his uncle and aspires to BE his uncle -- is actually Maharishi
> incarnate.  Isn't there a sidhi for taking over another's body?

Yep! Praps we might call it "cittasya para-shariiraaveshaH".

>From Vyaasa's comment:

karma-bandha-kSayaat sva-cittasya pracaara-samvedanaac ca
yogii cittaM sva-shariiraan niSkRSya shariiraantareSu nikSipati.

That might mean something like 'from destruction of the bondage
of karma and because of  knowledge of the movements of his own mind, a
yogii can, after having removed his mind from his own body,
"throw" it into the body of another'. (That is partly guessing,
because I didn't bother to consult any dictionary).