Vaj wrote:

> This has to be the most useful PDA/Cell phone device ever created.
> With the new inclusion of Apple-screened applications, there's simply
> nothing remotely like it outside of science fiction. Press the button
> for "Maps" and the built-in GPS shows your location on satellite. The
> inclusion of 3rd party apps greatly extends it's usability. Everything
> from Astronomy applications which tell me a stars name merely by
> pointing at it in the sky to voice recognition programs that
> transcribe what I speak and then email me the text. Computer games
> that rely on the tilt of device rather than having to punch some
> controls constantly with your thumbs. It remote controls my entire
> music library with a mere touch and streams it to my home stereo. And
> on and on. It's the closest thing to Star Trek ever invented. If you
> don't mind spending 70 bucks a month for cell phone and your data
> plan, this device rocks. If you don't need the cell coverage and can
> rely on hotspots or a home wireless network, you can make phone calls
> with Skype or some similar device and pay $O in cell coverage by
> purchasing an iPod Touch. Either way both include inexpensive and many
> free third party applications which provide an amazing amount of
> extensibility.
According to a PDA developer's group I hang out on the ones that are
offering apps via the iPhone Apple store are running into a snag that
show Apple didn't think things out too well.  Apple doesn't provide the
user list to the developer until they get paid 45 days later in the
meantime they don't know whether they support emails they get are really
from people who purchased their product or not.   Also it is next to
impossible for the developers to provide bug fixes on this platform.  Of
course just like the MP3 player which Apple did not invent neither did
it invent pocket computers, those have been around for over a decade so
to use such hype in their ads is a little misleading.  And by the way
how do you type in a URL on the iPhone?   Do you get a full keyboard on
the screen or the slow way you do it on a phone.