Curtis wrote:
> I don't meditate to improve my music,
> I practice my ass off.

Practicing on your guitar is a meditation.
You've probably been meditating your ass off
for years without even realizing it.

> If you are saying that some other practice
> improves your musical ability, I say cool.
> But from my POV determining the causality
> of such a claim just isn't possible.

Lots of people consider practicing on their
musical instrument a type of meditation. You
don't have to mutter mantras with your eyes
closed in order to meditate. You could just
go on muttering the words to your songs with
your eyes wide open. But probably lots of
singers close their eyes as well, especially
after have a bottle of Jack Daniels and
smoking some reefer.

Probably dozens of people use this kind of
meditation practice. There are lots of ways
to transcend.

> Any more than my neighbors can convince me
> that I need to join them on the rug 5 times
> a day.

You don't have to sit on a rug to practice.
Try sitting on a chair, a couch, or on your
porch. You probably already do this at least
five times a day.

And you probably sit on a stage and take a
few bows sometimes as well. Guitarists love to
take bows - that makes them feel like a God
to their fans. Guitar players love to get
worshiped, just like gurus do.

> I may be missing out on both counts. That is
> how we choose our lives and live with our
> choices I guess.

The only thing you seem to be missing out on
is using logic: everyone meditates. And you
bowed down to the Hindu demi-Gods for years,
so you probably don't need to do that anymore
anyway.

Meditation is based on thinking. Anyone who
thinks is meditating. There's probably not a
single person on the entire planet who doesn't
take a pause once or twice a day to take stock
of their mental contents. And, everyone is
already transcending, all the time, even
without a technique. There's no such thing as
'TM' - there's only one Transcendental.