> > I didn't spend a lot of time studying the candidates in the
> > primaries because I really only care about who we have to
> > choose from now.
>
> That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard
> you say. If you'd paid attention, you could have
> had a *voice* in who we have to choose from now.

I know my limitations Judy.  I don't really think my voice in politics
is important.  I have my pet issues and try to focus on them.  But the
time to really understand all the candidates in the primaries to be
informed enough just doesn't make the time/payback cut for me.  Like
you, I wasn't overly impressed with Obama in the primaries. But I
wasn't behind Hillary either, so I let them slug it out.  My bias is
anti-republican.

Let me put it this way.  You spent a lot of time and had your "voice",
and now you have Obama.  So do I.  But my time has been spent on the
specific issues that I can more directly effect.  And it isn't that I
didn't pay ANY attention.  I just didn't come up with a candidate that
I really believed in enough to invest more time.  Everyone is not
meant to be political, that is why I appreciate our republic, often
misnamed a democracy.