--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Curtis wrote:
> > I know you are bright enough to see the
> > blatant misrepresentation of the concepts
> > here.
> >
> The concept is redistribution of wealth, and
> it's a really dumb idea that got started with
> Karl Marx and Adam Smith. Progressive taxes
> create work disincentives. With a progressive
> tax there's no monetary incentive to make more
> income above a base level. That's the point
> Joe was trying to make.

Well we have had a progressive tax as long as I have been alive so
your point is moot.  You can only get money from people who actually
have it.  This is a perfect example of simplifying economic realities
to make a partisan point.  We have a progressive tax and it is not a
concept that is accurately summed up in the scary phrase
"redistributing the wealth."  Do you think all the people on social
security put in that amount of money in their lifetime?  No, they are
getting a handout from the present working generation.

> Did you take ECON 101 at MUM?.

Snap!  Maharishi's educational system is soooo shitty that this joke
is obvious to everyone!  I didn't know you were so contemptuous of
Maharishi.  Harshing on the Mahesh, way to go Richard!