--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lowest common demoninator would apply more to the following:
> Nixon, Reagan, Bush I, Bush II...
>
> This is the most foolish interpretation...that Barack Obama would be
> the lowest common denominator...

I don't think you understand the concept of "lowest common
denominator"; it refers to the inevitable degeneration of the *voting
populace* (in a democracy) that determines the outcome of an election
due to their numbers and special interest, see below:

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can
only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves
largess from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the
public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over
loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. (Tytler)

I think this is what MMY meant when he used the term "lowest common
denominator", IMO.

snip>