<jpgillam@>
> > wrote:
> > [...]
> > > P.S. A few years ago I was explaining the
> > > Maharishi Effect to a socially conscious friend
> > > who, when he grasped what I was saying, could not
> > > understand why people were not flocking to the
> > > domes to transform the nation and the world. He
> > > accepted my explanations about the difficulties
> > > of making money in a tiny town and making time
> > > for group program. Still, the sincerity of his
> > > response said, "If you have the key to do so
> > > much good, how can you not use it?"
> >
> > Goes back to questions raised in this group about compassionate
> > TMers, doesnt' it? The irony is that for those that believe in
> > the ME, dome participation is the *ultimate* compassionate
behavior,
> > which people who like to criticize TMers for lack of (especially
> > those who choose to go to the Domes instead of participate in
> > chartible acts or soemthign).
>
> If that were true, look at those who have a
> history of slamming critics of TM here, the
> posters we tend to call the True Believers.
> You know who I'm talking about, right?

I'm going to respond because I have a sneaking
suspicion that Barry is including me in this
category, even though he knows (a) I'm not a
True Believer, and (b) I slam people who are
dishonest, intellectually sloppy, hypocritical,
arrogant, etc., whether they're TM critics or
not, and *don't* slam TM critics who don't
exhibit this kind of behavior.

> They're sure putting *their* compassion on the
> line by being in the domes every day, right? :-)
>
> Face it...as far as I can tell (but I haven't
> been paying attention to "dome attendance"),
> the only person who regularly posts to this
> forum who seems to put his money where his
> mouth is when it comes to actually going to
> the domes is L.Shaddai.
>
> The rest *posture* as strong, loyal TMers while
> sitting on their asses at home. So the bottom
> line is that they demonstrate no compassion by
> going to the domes,

For me, not possible, for reasons I'm not going
to go into.

 they demonstrate no com-
> passion by doing charitable works,

I do plenty, thank you very much (and have
already explained this to Barry).

 and as human
> beings they are such miserable failures that
> most people on this forum don't even interact
> with them any more.

Barry fantasizes that this is the case, but it
isn't. It isn't true of any of those of us he
characterizes as TBs, in fact (speaking of
dishonesty).

 That's sure some commercial
> for practicing TM and believing in the ME as a
> form of compassion, eh?

It *is* a form of compassion for those who believe
it works. But that, of course, doesn't mean
(speaking of intellectual sloppiness) that those
who don't participate in the domes lack compassion.