> So Doug, you're saying there are dome-eligible
> Fairfield 'rus who would rather meditate at home?
> I wonder if they reject the notion that group
> practice of the TM-Sidhi program creates good
> in society. It would be interesting if they
> believe in the efficacy of the TM-Sidhi program,
> but reject the Maharishi Effect.

That efficacy aspect is a level of the question.  It is a good
question though that can get at things here.

More often the answer to efficacy of the ME question is that some lot
of people see the behavior of the movement as so bad that the feeling
in the domes from that bad character aspect of the movement itself is
counter-productive to the experience.  It is common when you ask
around and listen.  Yes, lot of people do not go.  It is also
remarkable too how many people have current dome badges but do not
go.

It often does boil down to the moral dissonance problem as you
canvas.  They do not reject the ME necessarily.  Folks know the
experience of a good group meditation.  That experience and hope is
often what had brought people here originally.  Increasingly though
over the years people are identifying the experience of a bad-group
meditation with doing program in the domes.  So they would simply
rather stay home.

Then again it can also just be that some people just do not like to
meditate in group regardless.  The common denominator here though is
that folks mostly do like their meditation.  & mostly folks are loyal
to that.

But yet an equally common denominator when you ask is that most folks
do not do the whole blown TM-sidhi thing anymore as their practice,
in or out of the dome.  Very few do.  It has gone on to something
else for most people.

Of course, a lot of people have left over the years but of what
remains, this aspect is pretty clear.  I just ask and listen.