On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:10 PM, wayback71 <waybac...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_re...@...> wrote:
> There were also many stories of people seeing these robed, older men
> walking around the
> room while puja was going on during initiations-of some saying they saw
> "the guy in the
> picture" (Guru Dev) in the room, of children claiming to see these types of
> things, and the
> person being initiated seeing the very beings the puja was specifically to
> invoke. I heard
> these stories second and third hand.  I never had this happen while I was
> initiating, altho
> there were a few times while doing the puja alone, when I suddenly found
> myself on my
> knees in front of the table and feeling great devotion to Guru Dev.

Maharishi followed the well known wisdom that only an 18 year old would jump
out of a perfectly good airplane.  If you want to start a movement, you
don't do it with a bunch of 30 somethings.  Do it with a bunch of flower
children.

Jane Hopson told a buddy of mine who worked for a year on the Houston
(Navasota, TX actually) forest academy that she could understand his having
a problem deciding whether or not to give up a year of his life to go from
LA to Navasota.  She said she knew the feeling, as she remembered when she
had this hit of really dynamite acid in one hand and her application for TTC
in the other, trying to decide...