I don't know if this qualifies as Lucid Dreaming or not - but about
1-2 times per month I will find myself in a frustrating dream.  I
attempt to salvage the dream by removing the frustration, but
eventually just decide to end it and wake up.

Example:
Just last night I dreamt I was on a jet flight and was stuck with this
super annoying passenger. He was bugging the crap out of me - and
everyone else on the plane.

At some point I got fed up with everything and I step in and decided
to have the plane land far short of the runway on a city street just
so I could get off the plane and away from this guy.

I remember looking out the passenger window and 'flying' the plane
down thru this city street, the wings  get knocked off by the
buildings.  I remember the potholes and even a stretch of cobblestone.
 Beautiful landing.

The plane comes to a stop - I get off and away from this guy, then
it's back to dream mode - in other words, back to more frustration.

Cuz this guy reappears and tells me he going to go to O'Hare with me
but first he's got to take a leak . . .

Anyways, sorry about the boring details, but the nuts and bolts are
the following:

1) frustration in a dream
2) I 'step in', put the dream on hold, and attempt to remove the
frustration
3) if I am successful, dream will continue
4) either way, eventually the 'frustration stack' will get to me and I
decide to wake up and end it
5) my first thought upon waking is always regret - I should have given
the dream one more chance.