So, I have anger at MMY and the TMO for fucking with the minds of my
> friends.  I have anger that the MMY was a guru to those close to him
> but left all the rank and file to deal with their own problems, like
> "unstressing," while asking them to give all to the movement, making
> false and exaggerated claims to string them along until they were such
> true believers that will never give it up.   MMY was ultimately
> responsible for his movement.
>
> If MMY had stuck to 2 times 20 TM, I would be fine.  OK, it's a
> relaxation technique.  But this quest for the constitution of the
> universe or the unified field or perfect health or enlightenment,  or
> the strength of an elephant has gone nowhere fast.  Now the movement
> is filled with the over 50 crowd.  I hope it dies out. It is sick.

-----Actually, I have experiences from the TM Sidhis. I also don't regret
all the money and time I spent on all that shit, to the tune of about
135,000 dollars now and growing. It has prevented me from developing a
materialistic mentality. I have though also been extremely lucky in friends
and love. So I cannot judge, and I don't think being judgemental is the
particular answer Ruth to Maharishi and TMO and all the bogus stuff piled on
top of the 20x2 which I agree was M's real acheivement, without which, he
could not have competed with other gurus of the time, each of which has
their 'technique.'

Some things TM are really good, like not messing with the mind, not
concentrating, etc, some things are almost therefore contraindicatory like
yajnas jyotish gems, sidhis, all of which introduce expectation into the
subtle mind.  So in some ways TM all together with the whole package is very
negative, because it produces a state of constant expectation and therefore
unfulfillment. You can see this dissatisfaction in many TMer's words here.

It was looking back on my entire development as a person that I have seen
some influence of the sidhis.  Especially as regards the last five sutras,
minus flying. As for being impatient as nowblowus has said, I did the entire
TM package for close to half my life. that was good enough. Time to move on.
Actually, I feel I was smart for unboarding from the Titanic before it sank.

I normally don't get into these pro-anti things but I hate the hoi polloi
ganging up and bullying Vaj and others, some of who have always been my
favorite writers here. You give a little boy a hint of a sidhi and watch
them gang up on others.