On Feb 28, 2009, at 9:43 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson" <nelsonriddle2...@...>
wrote:

 Overheard in the diner, "I just received my stimulus package- a
big> package of watermelon seeds and two chickens">

Oh I get it now.  In the minstrel era of racist American history black
people were associated with eating watermelons and chickens so they
would seem to be a different (lower) type of human from white people
(who coincidentally also eat watermelons and chickens.)

And Obama is half BLACK!

I totally get it now, this is a fantastic joke because it links the
color of Obama's skin with a disagreement about a complex policy
stimulus package that is attempting to solve a problem that the
world's best economic minds totally missed!

And if he doesn't instantly magically solve all these problems and
figure out every detail in his fist few weeks in office even in the
case of things he has no real control over...

we can call him a watermelon and chicken eating black person because
that is a way that we can make fun of him for being black and not
solving all our economic problems at once in his first few weeks in
office.

Do I have that about right?

As usual Curtis, you nailed it.

Sal