--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> I tend to forgive the house buyers who took out the loans for houses
> they couldn't afford, because the housing market was tremendously
> puffed up by the selling of the derivatives.

Say what? Do you care to explain your understanding of how that
occurred. And how (by implication I get from your statement), that
derivatives were the primary force raising housing prices? And please
define your understanding of derivatives.

> Folks were seeing
> everyone all around them making money on their home equity increases,
> and if greed overcame their ability to set a reasonable financial plan
> for themselves, it is quite understandable, but the banks are the ones
> who pushed these thousands of homeowners-to-be to trust the
> equity-profit-trends even though they knew they were ballooned out of
> all proportion and that the prices these folks were paying for a house
> was ALREADY INFLATED BEYOND ALL PROPRIETY.  The banks just churned the
> suckers.

I am totally there brother. in 1996-98 I saw all them smart-assed
techno types investing in Amazon and fiber optic switch companies and
making 1000's every day -- and partying it up -- and I said, "Yeah,
why not me!? I deserve that. Why can't I get me some of that. So I
invested near the top of the bubble.

And those damn, greedy, brokers just took my money. They didn't do the
right and moral thing and say -- "hey you know this stock could go
down, way down." or even "You know some people feel this stock is over
priced." And of course even if they did, I would have yelled back, in
supreme indignation "Yeah, you just DON"T GET IT! This is a new era.
Stock prices have finally been decoupled from earnings -- Its the
INTERNET AGE you fucking moron!".

Well, I lost a lot. But now finally I meet someone like you who
TOTALLY gets it. It WASN'T my fault! I wasn't stupid or greedy. It was
them damn brokers, and techno kids, and all them other fucheads who
were making money when I was not. I am SOO GLAD you get it.

So my questions is, how soon will the check you need to cut me to
cover my losses be delivered?

> They say there's 19,000,000 VACANT houses right now on the market.
> When the boom began, a good portion of those houses were on the market
> then too -- supply was way beyond demand, but housing prices increased
> because the derivative market puffed them up.

Say what!  Can you go through that chain of logic and relations ships
-- slowly.